Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pretty in Pink. Tough in Grey. But Also Tough in Pink and Pretty in Grey.

someone asked me the other day if anna was a 'girly' girl. 

well, there are much smarter, more gender reflecting answers i can give, but i'm tired and sick of braining right now (not because i'm a girl. hashtag rude). 

basically, does she wear pink and play with dolls?

no, because she's not yet 1 and has no say in what she wears, does, or plays with. she's stuck with representing my version of girl-ness, which looks pretty low key. like my casual relationship with the rejection of body hair and that i prefer to buy my underwear in a 6-pack and like my shampoo mixed right in there with my conditioner.

and she's a baby bean still, so she eats toy hammers and baby dolls indiscriminately.

she mostly wears henry's hand-me-downs and when she does wear technically girl clothes, they're from baby gap's german chancellor line.



and i don't entirely know what it means to be 'girly' anyway. like won't touch lizards? only wears pink fruf? prefers figuring out the complex nature of boys instead of chemical compositions?

i just want her to like herself. however that self may be.

and i find pants more condusive to crawling and beating the living shit out of her brother than dresses are.

BUT look how adorable she is in her first skirt!!!! oh, dear. 




No comments:

Post a Comment