Thursday, January 27, 2011

Decorating for Dummies

so, remember a while back when i said i didn't want to start working on a nursery or anything until the eleventh hour?

well, that was apparently rubbish, because we are now in heavy nesting mode.

first, we're having all the bedrooms and living room painted...so, we're making decorating decisions at this point about "the other bedroom where we'll put the crib."

and we've hit our first snag. it's a tiny room and we think one wallpapered accent wall with a fun pattern with the three other walls in a coordinating paint color (with maybe some decals that match the wallpaper pattern) would work nicely.

i need you to vote. help me win this fight. choose wisely. i won't tell you which one i prefer just yet.

do you prefer exhibit A on one wall with otherwise white walls and these decals on the other 3 walls??

or exhibit B with pale yellow walls with maybe some paintings or decals of some sort on the other 3 walls?

so, whatcha think? i invite your comments and suggestions. but make sure you pick the one i want. (otherwise the communists win).

11 comments:

  1. I like exhibit B. The first one seemed a bit too busy for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like exhibit A. I actually think B is too busy. :) With a white background I think you have a starker palette to start from so you'll have more options, whereas with the yellow I would feel like now everything has to coordinate with yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll just say you can never go wrong with the elephants, giraffes, or any kind of animal. Betty Lynn is an animal nut! She would pick those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. we couldn't wait to check them out... per Robb's visit 5 sec ago... J prefers exhibit A and I prefer exhibit B. Wish we could help you out, and instead we just cancel each other out. sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought that they are both too busy. Sorry. When you want your little one to sleep you want a pretty calm decor that is peaceful and not so busy. Less is more. It's not as cool...but at 3am you could care less about how cool the bedroom is. Sorry to be so boring and practical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exhibit A

    Love, your sister the communist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say that I like Exhibit A too. I love the green. Sorry Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i always say white is best..cuz then u can add punches of color...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'm late to vote, but I like the yellow! -Elissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the animals! Plus, I think green is extremely gender neutral.

    ReplyDelete